Virtual Private Data Center delivers speed at scale to ensure optimal performance for your mission-critical workloads.
Manage your virtual servers, firewalls, and applications leveraging cutting-edge automation systems and orchestration tools.
Lower your total cost of cloud ownership (TCO) with the ability to easily scale and control your compute, storage, and OS components.
VMware’s desktop software runs on Microsoft Windows, Linux, and macOS, while its enterprise software hypervisor for servers, VMware ESXi, is a bare-metal hypervisor that runs directly on server hardware without requiring an additional underlying operating system.
Security, Business, and Operational Benefits
Virtual Private Data Center puts you in control of your entire infrastructure. You can cost-effectively build out a reliable platform for development, growth or innovation. With stable backend virtualization technology and sophisticated components on top, a Virtual Private Data Center provides you with everything you need to support your business operations.
Need high network throughput and ongoing flexibility? Leverage vCloud® Networking and Security™ Suite (NSX) by VMware® at no additional cost.
- Edge Gateway Services protect against network, host, and software failures.
- App Firewalls help you segment and isolate critical applications.
- Scale applications across clusters and pods to improve compute-utilization without VLANs.
- vCloud Ecosystem Framework gives you access to REST APIs for partner hardware or software integration.
Backup or replicate your virtual machines efficiently. Our solutions address a full breadth of RPO and RTO requirements. Get superior solutions at a fraction of the cost of implementing a secondary recovery site.
- Quickly provisioned, the solution can take only several hours to be set up.
- Stay in control of your data so you can leverage your backups for a multitude of tasks.
- Leverage the experience of our cloud engineers and dedicated 24/7/365 support.
Create multiple private networks at no additional cost. Fast and reliable, a Virtual Private Data Center is redundant at all levels, from servers to connectivity. For private networks, the solution also allows for the creation of multifaceted internal application architectures.
- Choose from a multitude of the available MPLS, VPN and routed connectivity options.
- Easily integrate into your on-premise environments.
- Private transport services are available across our global infrastructure to our other VPDC locations to enhance disaster recovery or multi-site services.
- Free DDoS protection for your internet data is included with your service plan.
- phoenixNAP’s high-speed global network is robust enough for the most complex, multi-tier applications.
- A minimum of five distinct Tier 1 carriers per location are at your disposal.
Use Cases for a Software-Defined Data Center Architecture
Enterprise and Tier 1 Application Hosting
Large enterprises can justify the use of a Virtual Private Data Center for only one application. Whether as a production or test environment, VPDC offers a scalable and redundant cloud computing service with dedicated resources and a low starting price point.
Development and Test Environments
As a secure low-cost resource, a virtual cloud environment can be an optimal platform for different phases of a development project. Its customization and management capabilities make it easy for large teams to collaborate. Its built-in security features provide the utmost protection for all workloads.
Web 2.0 companies use VPDC to obtain enterprise-class performance with an on-demand payment model. Its features include high-throughput firewall, VPNs, load balancers, and complex network setup. Additional options such as VMware vApps enable SaaS providers to deploy templated groups of VMs.
Virtual private data center customers can choose to create a hybrid cloud for their IT and any of our latest generation VPDC hosts. We offer a wide range of compute resources to address and support nearly any demanding infrastructure requirement.
Production Website Hosting
Backed by advanced availability technologies, our VPDC provides seamless performance for production websites and critical business applications. The reliable global backend network helps you to take your applications directly to your consumer.
Hosted Virtual Environments
VPDC allows you to adopt VDI easily and cost-effectively. Optimized for next-generation desktop infrastructure and supporting Citrix® XenDesktop™ and Microsoft RDSH, VPDC with SSD Accelerated Storage gives you lighting fast desktop performance.